The City of La Habra has prepared thefor submission to the U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Consolidated Plan is a five-year planning document required by HUD. HUD has established a requirement that each state and local government receiving federal funds must prepare a coordinated strategy to address the community’s needs in the areas of housing, homelessness, infrastructure and facilities, as well as economic development. This plan is both a five-year strategic planning document and an application for federal funds under the Community Development Block (CDBG) entitlement program.
The Consolidated Plan outlines the City’s intent to pursue the overall goals of HUD’s community development and planning programs, including:
1. To provide decent housing;
2. To establish and maintain a suitable living environment; and
3. To expand economic revitalization opportunities.
The Consolidated Plan serves the following functions:
1. A planning document for the City, based on a participatory process;
2. An application for federal funds under HUD’s formula CDBG grant program;
3. A strategy for administering HUD programs; and
4. An action plan that provides a basis for assessing performance.