Permits & Fees
To ensure all private and public activity on the public right-of-way is conducted in a safe manner that does not destroy public property the City issues various permits. In order to recover costs, a fee will be collected at the time of obtaining a permit. Links to various permit forms, and fees information can be found below:
Encroachment permits are required for most types of work within the public right-of-way. Right-of-way typically includes streets, sidewalks, and parkways behind the curb. Even when there is no sidewalk, the street right-of-way usually extends behind the curb. When in doubt check with the Public Works Department Engineering Division for the exact extent of the City's right of way or easements.
Applications for permit are to be submitted in person to the Public Works Department Engineering Division counter located on the second floor of La Habra City Hall. Whoever applies for the permit will ultimately be responsible for guaranteeing completion of any work started.
Permit fees are based on the type and amount of work involved. Additionally, a cash deposit may be required to guarantee completion of the work, protection and/or repair of existing facilities, or to enforce compliance with restricted work hours. The cash deposit is fully refundable upon successful compliance with the terms of the permit.
- Submit to Engineering Division for plan check to: Engineering@lahabraca.gov
- Please include in the Subject Line: Note the address where the project will be.
- Completed Application for Permit.
- Transmittal letter must be included.
- All plans shall be submitted in PDF or TIFF file format to scale or scaled plan sketch with dimensions
- Traffic control plans are “ONLY” to be submitted separately to Michael Plotnik via email for review firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments/approvals are typically returned within 10 business days.
- All fees will be processed during permit issuance once plans have been reviewed and approved.
- At time of issuance the applicant/contractor shall provide a certificate of liability insurance listing City of La Habra as additionally insured
- Provide a valid copy of the contractor’s license.
- Provide a valid copy of the contractor’s city business license.
City Hall: 110 E. La Habra Blvd. La Habra, CA 90631 – Business hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday (closed Fridays).
Transportation Wide Overweight Load Permit
A permit is required for movement of overweight or wide vehicles, buildings and trucks into or through city. You may submit your application via email to email@example.com.
Small Wireless Communication Facility Permits
All applications and supporting information, documentation and other materials related to Small Wireless facilities in the Public Right of Way must be submitted IN PERSON BY APOINTMENT ONLY at the Public Works Department counter located in City Hall, during the City's regular business hours. You may schedule an appointment to submit the application by contacting the Engineering Department at (562) 383-4151