La Habra CAR SERVICE
Who Can Ride?
Seniors 60 years and older who are residents of the City of La Habra are eligible. If needed, you may provide your own escort to assist you in getting to and from the vehicle. Escorts ride free of charge and must be 18 years or older. Due to COVD-19 protocols, we are limiting rider escorts to family member caregivers only. Driver and riders are required to wear a mask. Riders can be denied services if they choose to violate governor's, Orange County Health Care Agency's and City of La Habra's restrictions. Service is provided by California Yellow Cab.
Where Can I Ride?
The La Habra Car Services is only available for medical appointments and grocery shopping. Medical appointments can be anywhere within Orange County, and to Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital and SCU Health & Ouch! Urgent Care, both in Whittier. Grocery shopping trips must be in La Habra only. The service can also be used to attend City programs and City special events (once they resume).
When Can I Ride?
The La Habra Car Services operates every Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Service is not available on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day.
Where Do I Register?
Application forms may be downloaded here or obtained from the La Habra Community Services Department. They must be dropped off or mailed in to the Community Center. Applicant must provide identification the includes address and proof of age. If mailed in, please include a photocopy of your identification. For questions on registration or eligibility, please call 562-383-4200. Download an application form (PDF).
Are the Vehicles Wheelchair Accessible?
Yes, but you must specify if you use a wheelchair when you make your reservation so that the driver can position the vehicle for easy access.
Is There A Charge?
Yes. Rides are $0.50 per 1-way trip for all passengers, excluding escorts.
How Do I Reserve A Trip?
Riders must reserve their trip a minimum of 72 hours (three days) in advance. Reservations cannot be made more than 14 days in advance. Riders are limited to two medical and grocery trips per week. Please note that a trip is one way, not round trip. To schedule a ride, call toll free 1-877-762-6061 and provide the following:
- Your name
- Telephone number at the pick-up location
- Day and date that you want to schedule a ride
- Street address of the pick-up location
- Street address of the destination location
- Wheelchair or service animal use
- Medical appointment time and doctor's address if riding to a medical appointment
- Whether or not an escort is traveling with you
Other Useful Information
- When requesting a ride, allow adequate time to reach your destination. Ride requests are assigned in the order received.
- Be prompt and visible at your pick-up location. Be ready to board when the vehicle arrives.
- Return trip reservations cam be made at the time of the initial reservation.
- Call to cancel a reservation as soon as possible. An early cancellation allows us to reassign the time slot to someone else.
- Please keep carry-on items manageable in size and number. Drivers are not allowed to carry packages to your door.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is permitted. No animals are allowed except for service animals.
- Please do not tip the driver. You are welcome to call 562-383-4200 to provide feedback on the driver's courtesy or to express a complaint.
- View a Brochure for the Shuttle (PDF).